Want to join a dynamic, fast-paced and caring team? If you get energized from working with a diverse group of people and helping others in your community, join us as we work together to help those families and individuals needing our care in the community.
Reporting to the Executive Director, in this part-time role (Hours will vary depending on season, approximately 10-20 hours/week), you will be responsible for overseeing the smooth operation of the Okotoks Food Bank Association (OFBA) Warehouse facilities.
- Lead, plan, direct and evaluate the warehouse operations to ensure that all work is completed in a timely and safe manner.
- Lead, coach, direct, mentor and communicate information on policy, procedure, rules, job duties and health and safety to Sorting Team Leads, Volunteers, and Corporate volunteers.
- Collaborate with OFBA Volunteer Coordinator to ensure all Sorting Teams have sufficient volunteers.
- Receive, sort, weigh, and schedule donations. Receive and sort purchased inventory.
- Load, unload and move products and materials by hand or using basic material handling equipment. Ensure food rotates through warehouses based on Best Before Dates and Hamper preparations.
- Monitor and ensure safe storage of food based on shelf placement and cold chain management requirements.
- Perform and direct specialized tasks related to upkeep of equipment, building, and facilities.
- Perform administrative duties such as maintaining inventory and records systems, updating shelf-labeling system, tracking and reporting on all Retail Food Share Programs.
- Purchase and inventory required fresh, non-perishable food and non-food items ordered on a weekly or as needed basis.
- Coordinate any food sharing delivery or shipments between Food Banks Alberta, the National Food Share Program, various food donors and other Food Banks.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Some post secondary education in warehouse management preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years supervisory experience, preferably in a warehouse setting.
- Current Food Banks Canada –Safe Food Handling Certificate (or willingness to obtain as soon as possible).
- Must be able to lift approximately 30-50 lbs. as well as push, pull, bend, lift, carry, etc.
- Ability to work as a team member, must work well with others.
- Ability to plan and organize.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated responsibility, maturity and leadership abilities.
- Understanding the importance of proper food inventory handling and cold chain management.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and practice for Food Banks.
- Operational knowledge of IT packages including Word, Excel and email systems.
- Willingness to undertake training as required.
- Willingness to obtain and provide a Criminal Record Check.
- Willingness to work flexible hours weekly/seasonally.
DEADLINE: JUNE 22, 2018
Interested candidates should forward their cover letter and resume to email@example.com. with the subject line: Warehouse Coordinator.
We thank all applicants for taking the time to apply for this position however only suitable candidates will be contacted directly for an interview.
Applications will be reviewed regularly and suitable candidates may be contacted prior to the deadline date.